Aim of the course
By the end of this Certification, participants will master the purchasing processes, its key tools and some best practices.
The participants will be well prepared to take charge of a purchasing portfolio and apply the different tools and levers that will help them optimize the performance for the company.
- Understand the fundamental processes and practices in Purchasing,
- Understand the best practices across these different processes,
- Learn the right usage of tools and levers and optimize performance,
- Influence Internal and external stakeholders and support decision-making from a Purchasing perspective.
- Category and project buyers,
- Persons who will take Category Manager positions in the near future.
- Fundamentals of Purchasing (inside view demand side and outside view supply side),
- Cost analysis (cost breakdown and TCO),
- Contract (contract basics and legal aspects of a contractual engagement),
- Financial risks in Purchasing (impact of purchasing on finance),
- Negotiation fundamentals (negotiation preparation, negotiation conduct and communication).
The overall course duration may last anytime between 6 months to 18 months, depending on the personalized path of the participant and the execution of the certification project. The average duration is 1 year.
Welcome webinar is scheduled on 18 January.