Aim of the course
By the end of this Certification, participants will be able to create and deploy category strategies.
The participants will be capable to lead a strategic category by using the right tools, levers and best practice at the right time, so value is continuously delivered to the business. They will contribute to achieve excellence across the purchasing function.
- Understand the fundamental steps of a strategic process to manage a portfolio,
- Understand how this process can be implemented in terms of global/local organisation,
- Define a purchasing strategy based on in-depth knowledge of the company needs and market trends,
- Lead the use by a cross-functional team of the process and tools needed to define a purchasing strategy.
- Category and project managers,
- Strategic buyers.
- Key category management (demand, supply, strategy),
- Supplier relationship management (SRM as a Strategy, key supplier account management),
- Value thinking (advanced cost reduction, supplier performance management),
- Soft skills in hard negotiations (negotiation, leadership, change management).
The overall course duration may last anytime between 6 months to 18 months, depending on the personalized path of the participant and the execution of the certification project. The average duration is 1 year.
Welcome webinar is scheduled on 15 February