1. Aim of the course
By the end of this course, participants will be able to master how they communicate when negotiating.
- Define negotiation objectives, including different options.
- Develop negotiation scenarios.
- Built alternative solutions (BATNA) to avoid deadlock situations.
- Organize their negotiation plan, considering their company constraints, the supplier’s expectations, and the market situation.
- Deliver the highest results possible, while maintaining long-term relationships with suppliers.
Buyers at any level who wish to learn how to use cost breakdown and the TCO decision-making tool to better negotiate price reductions with suppliers.
2. Course Structure
The COMMUNICATION FUNDAMENTALS FOR NEGOTIATION course contains 1 Awareness Session, 3 Chapter including 13 e-modules (amongst which 2 are optional), other material (readings, videos…), and 3 Virtual Classes.
The specific e-modules must be completed before attending the related Virtual Class.
|Negotiation role-play||3||• Analysing the negotiation’s value exchange
• Analysing the balance of power to then be
offensive or defensive
• Creating a BATNA based on the negotiation context
the conduct of
|5||• Adjusting the negotiation settings.
• Following a 5-step communication process.
• How to successfully conclude a negotiation?
• Conditioning the other party before they start negotiating.
|5||• Introducing body language.
• Deciphering body language
• Identify 3 basic types of arguments
• What’s a cultural trait?