1. Aim of the course
By the end of this course, participants will be able to identify tactics and set-up the right negotiation organisation.
- Define negotiation objectives, including different options.
- Develop negotiation scenarios.
- Build alternative solutions (BATNA) to avoid deadlock situations.
- Organise the negotiation plan, considering the company constraints, the supplier’s expectations and the market situation.
- Deliver the highest results possible, while maintaining long term relationships with suppliers.
Buyers at any level who wish to learn how to use cost breakdown and the TCO decision-making tool to better negotiate price reductions with suppliers.
2. Course Structure
The CONDUCTING THE NEGOTIATION PROCESS course contains 1 Chapter including 6 e-modules (amongst which 3 are optional), other material (readings, videos…) and 1 Virtual Class.
The specific e-modules must be completed before attending the related Virtual Class.
|Debriefing on the conduct of negotiation||6||• Adjusting the negotiation settings
• Following a 5-step communication process
• How to successfully conclude a negotiation
• Conditioning the other party before they start
• Credibility & the impact of 1st impressions on
• The importance of Listening