1. Aim of the course
By the end of this course, participants will be able to manage difficult negotiations and customize their behavior.
- Articulate the preparation with the conduct of the negotiation.
- Convert a purchasing strategy in negotiation points, concessions, and counterparts.
- Build a tactic according to the positioning of the buying company in relation to the vendor.
- Customize the behaviors accordingly.
All Professionals involved in complex negotiations.
2. Course Structure
The Hard Negotiation course contains 1 Awareness class, 3 Chapters including 9 e-modules,
other material (readings, videos…) and 3 virtual classes. For each Chapter, specific e-modules & other
the material must be completed before attending the related Virtual Class. Please, see the program below:
|Fundamentals of value
exchange and tactics
|Chapters||e-Modules||Virtual Classes Duration|
|Prepare difficult Value exchange||3||• Analysing the negotiation’s value exchange
• Conceding & Obtaining Value
• Analysing the balance of power to then be offensive or defensive
|Execute your tactics||3||• The cooperative vs the non-cooperative approach
• The zero-sum vs the non-zero-sum game
• Creating a balance between different types of arguments
|Understand your behavioral profile||3||• The simultaneous vs the sequential negotiation game
• Understanding Behavioural reflexes
• Detecting Behavioural reflexes